Thursday, November 30, 2006

The MySpace Nightmare
Try this little experiment. Go to MySpace and when the page loads, look for the word “search” at the top, left-hand part of the screen. Click on it.
When that page loads, look for the “MySpace Search” area. Type the name of your city or community in the search box and click search.
Sit back and browse the search results. Be prepared for a bit of a surprise. Browse around the pages for awhile and then think to yourself; “What if I were a child predator” You can almost picture an Internet predator drooling over his keyboard at all those profiles…… and addresses…… and pictures…….
When I first tried this experiment, I found a 14 year old with his address posted that lives less than a half a mile from my house. His parents had no idea!
I hope you don’t have nightmares from this little experiment but it just goes to show just how vulnerable kids are today. Protect them by knowing what they are doing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home